Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure correct functionality, determine root causes of failures and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
This requisition is part of the Data Center Engineering Group (DEG).
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about HW and SW integration. They would join a team (c.a. 10 people) and contribute to evolution of Pre-Silicon simulation and emulation environment for Intel server platforms – namely chipset firmware development and validation teams.
As a Pre-Silicon systems engineer you will have an opportunity to develop and integrate Pre-Silicon simulation systems using state-of-the-art simulation as well as programming technologies and techniques.
You will gain experience on world best Non Volatile Memory technologies and also Server Technology.
You will work on early phases of next Intel products generations building Pre-Silicon systems to enable firmware software development and validation teams to produce software before real hardware is available. Also you will be involved in Post Silicon Validation up to releasing the product to the market.
You will become a part of one of best Intel teams and have a possibility to work with highly motivated individuals - best professionals in their field.
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more,
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks,
- Relax during energetic team events (wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.).
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
What you will do:
- Understand architecture and high level design of next generation of Intel server platform chipsets and CPUs,
- Create plans and tests for building Pre-Silicon simulation systems of a complex microarchitecture with use of written specs and other sources,
- Build and integrate components of full-system simulation platform with frameworks like WindRiver SIMICS,
- Design and Develop test cases for Firmware validation using programming languages like Python, C#, C and C++,
- Implement automated tests,
- Enable FW development and validation teams to use Pre-Silicon systems: develop debugging tools and software, build integrations for automatic test frameworks,
- Provide technical support for developed products, contribute to technical product documentation,
- Work in a team exercising agile process: use benefits of continuous integration with peer reviews, participate in planning sessions and retrospectives for a few weeks' long sprints.
- Must have either a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering,
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with programming in one of the languages: Python, C#, C, C++,
- Practical knowledge of concepts in the following areas: drivers, remote debugging, communication protocol stacks,
- Knowledge of agile-based software development methodologies,
- Knowledge of software validation concepts: unit / functional/ integration / exploratory / performance / scalability tests,
- Methodical problem solving skills,
- Fluency in Polish and very good knowledge of English.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.