Datacenter Storage Product Manager
Are you a possibility thinker? Do you not only see the future of data center but want to roll up your sleeves to make it happen? Then you might have a home in our team of doers, Jacks and Jane's of all trades, which is expanding the data center solutions space.
We are a team of highly motivated, experienced and agile thinkers, who are looking for the right person to join us as the Datacenter Storage Product Manager and be the cradle to grave owner of a revolutionary product. In this role, you will partner with senior system architects and interface with Senior Leaders, and Engineering Managers across Intel to deliver strategic business value for Intel through differentiating hardware and software. Have a perspective on the next generation datacenter of the future, datacenter challenges, and how we apply Intel and partner technologies to those opportunities. We are housed within Data Center Solutions Group that is tasked with reinventing the data center of the future.
You will need to have a good understanding of both the business and technical requirements that drive storage solutions in the datacenter. This role is responsible for creating market requirements documents, feature and scenario creation & prioritization, pricing, and competitive and strategic business analysis. You and your senior system architect will be the product owner working with other teams and individuals who will contribute to the lifecycle of your product. Your key responsibility will be delivering a successful product on time with all the supporting elements and communicating the progress as well as the risks and mitigation strategies to senior executives along the way.
- As you report to the Senior Director of RSD Product Management, as an individual contributor, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop strategy, roadmap, and product requirements for large scale, distributed storage deployments
- Be one voice on the technology and the solution line to internal stakeholders and customers
- Work across a highly matrix’s organization to enable end-to-end solutions for our end customers
- Provide product-related guidance for product planning, market requirements, and business strategy
- Create presentations that explain the technology and/or the product offerings to a wide variety of audiences: internal and external senior executive and technical talent, field organizations, senior business executives in customer, and partner companies
- Partner with engineering and architecture teams to shape the product, ensure solution and roadmap feasibility, and provide actionable and constructive feedback
- Understand customer and partner issues, conduct deep dives to understand issues. and opportunities
- Ensure that the path to adoption for our customers is "Easy" either through technology definition, support, services, and/or financing options
- Collect and compare relevant data to our ecosystem and targeted technology offerings and provide stakeholders with data driven recommendations.
- Create and craft product-related content, joint technical agreements, and review all collateral that is released about the product for accuracy
- Evangelize the product across varied audiences, provide support, and receive feedback-Support Sales wins
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate a certain point of view but highly honed people skills to know when to listen-Leverage a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly
- High energy, entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, along with a Masters of Business Administration with a minimum of 7 years overall experience
- 5+ years of experience working in storage product management with expertise in storage solutions for large-scale Cloud Service Provider environments and scalable storage deployments
- 5+ years of experience in a few of the following areas:
- Cloud platform solution infrastructure such as Azure, Azure Stack, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, IBM Bluemix, Salesforce, Oracle Cloud, Rackspace, SoftLayer
- In-depth understanding of the business case for distributed storage technologies and experience in the product requirements and development of cloud storage solutions:
- Software-defined Storage (SDS), HDFS, Lustre FS, Block, Object, OpenStack Cinder, Swift, Ceph, Swordfish, and NVMe over fabric
- Creating requirements for virtualized stacks such as:
- VMware-vSphere/cloud foundation, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS, Apache Mesos, Azure Container Service, and Google Container Engine
- OpenStack Cloud solutions such as Red hat, SUSE Canonical
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Inside this Business Group
- Prior experience with IT System (hardware & software) technologies
- Developed business case for new and incremental products in either enterprise or cloud environments.
- Has worked in an agile development environment
- A leader and strong team player able to work with cross-functional teams, lead and provide clear directions for internal and external partners
- High level project / program management experience
- Good command of presentation preparation tools (Power Point, etc.) and information management tools (Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.)
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....