Every mobile device needs a battery in order to stay connected and functioned. Longer battery life is the energy saving trend. We would like to invite YOU to join Intel, working on the energy saving intellectual property (IP) development i.e. the Power Management Controller IP (PMC IP).
PMC IP manages device's power operations. As a logic designer you get to define architecture; both high level and micro level, and logic specification to meet PMC IP design requirements. You implement logic design in Register Transfer Level (RTL) code, carry out logic simulation and perform design trade-off to achieve optimal modularity, scalability, DFX, chassis compliance, etc. You also analyze and use lint results to improve design sign-off.
In this position you will work closely with design verification team in determining the proper validation strategy for new design, and defining and providing feedback on test plans. You provide IP integration support to SoC customers by representing PMC logic design team. You also work with post-silicon validation team to resolve silicon level sightings, and drive any paradigm shifts needed in design execution.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Master of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (with hardware design focus).
- At least 6 years of experience in designing SoCs, CPUs, chipset or IP blocks.
- In depth knowledge of RTL language such as System Verilog or Verilog.
- In depth knowledge of industry standard tools and methods such as VCS, Lint, OVM/UVM and UPF.
- Vast knowledge of object oriented programming in C++, Java, Python, or some other languages.
- Multiple clock domains design, IOSF sideband and Chassis state machine design, and DFX simulation.
- Behavioral traits including but not limited to strong communication skills (written and verbal), tolerance of ambiguity, problem solving, teamwork, attention to detail, commitment to task, and quality focus.
- Experience with chip level power and reset operations.
- Knowledge in Agile development and familiar with Scrum process.