Responsible for determination and deployment of robust, stable, and manageable computing and network services. Manage technical projects. Determine site computing and network server strategy . Research new technology/products/tools. Monitor and perform capacity/feasibility studies and resolve network capacity issues. Identify, develop, and deploy tools supporting network server services. Perform impact analysis of new technologies on environment. Analyze and troubleshoot complex and advanced problems. Plans and schedules work to meet deadlines established by others to ensure the completion of several related tasks. Uses judgement in data analysis to develop and design solutions for moderately complex processes.
Experienced candidates applying for this position should have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with working experience in Enterprise Class Networks.
- Network and security knowledge (routing, switching and firewalls)
- Should have worked on Cisco and Extreme Network products for Routing and switching
- Strong network troubleshooting skills from layer 1-7.
- Experience working on monitoring tools
- Job requires working with the Global team to support network for all regions in multiple time zones
- Should have worked in ITIL environment and experience on Service Now product
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 7-10 Years of Experience in the Enterprise Networks
- Network debug and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills to interact with customers.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and collaborative, multitask effectively.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and transparent acceptance of responsibility.
- Self driven, quick learner and team player.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to persuade and negotiate across all levels in the organization
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to effectively priorities tasks in a dynamic environment
- Experience in Python, Ansible is preferred
- Software Defined Networking (i.e. Cisco ACI/SDA) experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Switching, Routing Architectures, security protocols
- Utilize Agile/Scrum methodologies to manage Operations/engineering and development workloads.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.