As a PE you will work with key customers (both internal and external), independent technology suppliers, operating system vendors, marketing, engineering management and architects from multiple disciplines to negotiate, architect, and lead the implementation of a wide range of high complexity features and systems, analyze requirements, and define software/firmware strategies. You will also work with silicon architects to influence the architecture of future silicon products and help software/firmware development teams with understanding, scoping, and planning implementation work. You may lead the debug of especially difficult problems involving hardware and/or multiple software/firmware subsystems, and develop prototypes to evaluate or illustrate new technologies, designs, etc. You will also be responsible for driving continuous improvements in the software/firmware development processes and product quality and for technical mentoring of other engineers within the software team.
Additionally, you will work with the CIG Architecture Lab to analyze and optimize power and performance of our offerings.
Principal Engineers at Intel are active technical leaders inside and outside the company. Activities include participation in major industry and academic conferences, voting membership in international standards committees, generation of patents and technical papers.
- Knowledge of audio subsystems and media frameworks in Windows, Windows Phone, Linux, Android, or iOS is a plus.
- Knowledge of IA PC and SoC system architecture and experience with development of consumer or corporate based platforms.
- Technical communication skills will be very important as you document and present complex technical information to inform and influence a variety of internal and external audiences including customers, architects and managers.
- Masters of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10+ years developing embedded audio DSP Firmware, Embedded operating systems plus 5 years of firmware and DSP architecture.
- 10-15 years of experience with Audio technologies in the PC, Tablet, and Phone ecosystems.
- Experience in designing and leading the implementation of complex audio software/firmware architectures to aggressive deadlines and involving multiple teams.
- 10+ years of experience leading collaborative SW/FW/silicon development is required.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....