Rackscale is the technology we develop at Intel. It is Intel's response to the challenges and needs of future datacenters https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rack-scale-design-overview.html
As a Cloud Software Engineer Intern, you will join the team of Cloud Software Engineers, domain experts in cloud orchestration, telemetry, software defined storage and software defined networking. This is a great opportunity to bridge the gap between theoretical university knowledge and skill set required to become professional software engineer.
What We Offer:
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
- You must be a student in computer science or related field and keep the student status during the whole internship - the internship will last for minimum 1 year up to 2 years.
- You will be asked to present Linux OS admin skills e.g. configuration management and bash or equivalent scripting
- You need to understand principles of SQL as well as TCP/IP networking
- You must present basic Python, or equivalent programming skills.
- You must present problem solving attitude
Inside this Business Group
Experience in any of the listed areas will be considered as valuable asset
- Familiarity NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Familiarity with configuration management software i.e. Ansible
- Experience with source control systems i.e. Git
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.