IOTG product line managers are responsible for ensuring that IOTG's product and base platform enablement is sufficient to meet 3-5+ year product revenue goals with the highest return on investment. IOTG's product lines and platforms include products and ingredients spanning across Atom, Core, and Xeon.
The Software Product Line Manager ensures both the economic and execution success of the assigned products and platforms software implementations from the product/platform POP through the launch and sustaining activities. This position will be focused on establishing a solid firmware, OS, and all other SW ingredients implementation strategy for the product/platform and managing the software requirements and implementation through execution. This position will work with the Hardware Product Line Manager to ensure a strong platform strategy is created and executed.
A successful candidate requires:
- Strong influencing skills and customer orientation.
- Self-driven and able to work independently and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong business acumen, excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as team working and technical leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize, work cross-organizationally as part of a multi-site team, and provide concise lateral and upward status and communications to coordinate, influence, or raise issues to management.
Additional preferred requirements:
- Software/technical background.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Android, Chrome OSs and implementations including Real Time Operating Systems.
- Good working knowledge of various platform firmware components: BIOS, boot loaders, security, etc.
- An understanding of Intel's integrated graphics and video solutions.
- Experience with and strong understanding of IA platform architecture, components and technologies, including chip-sets, CPUs, and associated technologies.
- Experience in product, product definition process, developing and getting approvals for Concept Approvals and POPs, developing and delivering product overview presentations, product positioning, road-map planning, industry and competitive trend analysis, working successfully across organization boundaries, product pricing analysis, and product forecasting.
- Ability to quickly grasp the implications of evolving industry and technology trends and anticipate future trends in areas of key technology.
- Ability to translate business solutions and sector use cases into solution requirements incorporating both hardware and software.
- Strong familiarity with embedded and internet of things usage models and segments.
- Experience with IOT customers and markets.
- Establishing and managing the software product and platform definition and implementation that maximizes value and revenue potential for IOTG.
- Continuously improve knowledge of ecosystem, value chain, and partner business models and look for opportunities to leverage industry standards to lower customer risk and improve scale.
- Responsible for the identification of new and adjacent markets and ongoing development of business opportunities within core business.
- Coordinating, aggregating, and prioritizing the software platform requirements working with various business unit marketing teams to establish a complete platform Plan-Of-Record (POR).
- Leading the product/platform through planning, business justification, execution, and launch using the PLC process.
- Making priority feature or landing zone trade-offs with architecture and engineering to ensure product competitiveness.
- Prioritizing and overseeing development of marketing material.
- Developing and presenting product training material to sales force and key customers.
- Creating and maintaining product briefs, design win, and sales guides.
- Platform communications to/from business units and sales force.
- Development of Early Access Plan and coordination of External Samples for initial Customers.
- Key participant in Platform Launch Activities.
- Responding to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering with 10+ years of experience or Master's degree with 8+ years of experience or Prior Product Marketing experience
- MBA degree preferred
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....