Inside this Business Group
We are looking for software engineers with programming and scripting skills to develop applications and support the IT infrastructure and services. This includes Infrastructure automation, distributed cloud storage, UNIX and/or Windows System administration.
It would also be desirable if the candidate had familiarity in the following areas:
- Very good understanding of Linux/UNIX infrastructure capabilities such as NIS, LDAP, NFS, AutoFS, RPC etc.
- Very good understanding of capabilities such KVM, fscache, ksplice/kgraft, LVS, btrfs, SELinux, etc.
- Interface with internal business unit representatives, engineering and operations teams and help/guide them on technical tasks and guidelines
- Interface with external stake-holders including Linux distribution vendors and software solution vendors
- Data Structures and Software architecture design methods, techniques, and principles.
- MSSQL or MySQL database programming and/or design.
- Software development processes such as Agile methodology.
The candidate should also have strong communication, team working, and English speaking skills. The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field and have skills in Java, Python and Perl scripting.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.