Memory Design Engineer
Job Description: Memory Designer – Santa Clara, CA
The Scalable Data-Center Silicon Group (SDSG) is searching for an energetic and passionate hands on memory designer to join a team of Custom Circuit Design engineers involved in the development of high speed SRAMs, Register Files, compilers, and custom datapath solutions and work with fellow staff members in development of our future products.
We are looking for someone who has passion around improving the way we solve complex problems through the work of the team as well as their own direct contributions. Working experiences digging in deep on technical challenges, empowering a team to succeed, and fostering technical guidance to development of employees.
In this position you will lead and contribute to the design and development of Intel’s High Performance CPUs, Machine Learning SoCs or Custom CPU SoCs.
- Strong expertise in the development of custom circuits or compilers for elements such as SRAM, Register Files, PLLs, custom Datapaths, standard cells in leading process technologies as part of a team.
- Strong technical knowledge of custom circuits and associated tools.
- Strong technical knowledge of characterization of logic and memory designs.
- Ability to work with test chip team and provide guidance as to characterization requirements.
- Ability to bring up tool chain needed to develop custom circuits, characterize them, make the available for general consumption by design community.
- Ability to work with architects, logic design teams, circuit designers and bridge the knowledge boundary for all.
- Expertise on high frequency clocking methodologies will be an added plus
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work in global environment
- Good communication skills and strong motivation for customer support
- Hire and manage both internal and external (contractor) design teams, both in US and in India.
- Strong analytical & Problem solving skills
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external teams/customers is expected.
- Ability to mentor other engineers and technically guide them.
- Experience with silicon which include processor cores and custom logic working together.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Program Management skills
- Capable of working in a high performing team to deliver the results required from the organization.
- Facilitator of direct and open communication, diversity of opinion, and debate.
- Master degree in Communication Systems, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, PhD is a plus with 7+ years of experience in design and managing design teams to deliver high performance circuits, SRAMs, register files, custom datapaths.
Candidates must have the following:
Inside this Business Group
- Proven expertise in silicon based product development.
- Experience with custom design of memories and standard cell libraries
- The ability work as an individual and as part of a team to deliver a product starting from the creation of the spec, design, verification, and finally to tapeout.
- Understand system and package implications of the silicon design decisions.
- Requires strong knowledge and experience of custom clock and data path design.
- Experience with low power design features and flows.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....