Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
- The candidate must have a BE degree in Electronics or Computer Science, with a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience, working in a Linux/Android environment
- Good knowledge of programming including C, Python/scripting language.
- Experience in leading the validation Engineers.
- Debugs Linux client, Android tablets, phone or IVI platform software through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans.
- Understanding requirements and translate them to test plan.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure correct functionality, determine root causes of failures and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Provides feedback in preparation of technical programming languages, systems
Inside this Business Group
- Strong experience in Linux/Android validation and debug is a must.
- Should have worked on valeting platforms ported across various Android OS versions.
- Knowledge of software debugging/problem solving and time management skills
- Knowledge of computer architecture, platform architecture, and validation architecture
- Good working knowledge of the Android operating system
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.