Platform Hardware Customer Engineer
- Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units (CPUs) and/or peripheral equipment.
- Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports.
- Ensures products conform to standards and specifications.
- Develops plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk.
- Develops procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems. Initiates, guides, and coordinates overall design and development of new ideas and products.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with three to five years of industry experience in PC hardware. An advanced degree is preferred. Additional qualifications include:
Strong technical capabilities:
- Detailed knowledge of PC hardware including core motherboard components of processor, chipset, memory, VR, and graphics. Ideal candidate would have strong background and experience with power delivery including power supply and voltage regulation.
- Basic understanding of signal integrity also desired.
- High-level working knowledge of overall platform and PC architecture (hardware, software, and firmware) including I/O and communication.
- Tools: Experience with the Cadence design environment (Or Cad Capture, Allegro) is highly desired as well as familiarity with debug tools and methods.
Strong Personal Skills:
Inside this Business Group
- Competent communication including spoken and written English and strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with customers and cross functional teams in multiple geographies
- Structure problem solving specifically with the ability to independently isolate technical issues and debug its root cause and drive to its closure
- Stakeholder and conflict management skills
- Ability and interest to travel to conduct business with customers in PRC and other geographies
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.