Intel PSG (Programmable Solutions Group) are looking for an outstanding Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join our team to support our growing portfolio of algorithmic acceleration solutions for Finance and high-performance computing. As a Field Application Engineer in the sales organization, you will be responsible for assisting customers with the design and implementation of their product requirements, utilizing our FPGAs, acceleration workloads and Intellectual Property with our High level language flows.
This role will include product positioning, on-site customer support as needed, and will include being a technical consultant to our key customers as they go from architectural evaluation through completion of their designs. By understanding customer system requirements and providing expertise in the use of our products, we enable them to bring competitive products to market in a timeframe that maximizes their success. We value technical excellence, customer focus, professionalism and teamwork.
Your specific role will include the following responsibilities but will not be limited to :
“Must Have” skillset/work experience :
- BS in Electronics Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Strong background in programming languages (OpenCL, Cuda or C++) or embedded software
- Good understanding of how to map mathematical algorithms into hardware (Processor, GPU, DSP, FPGA)
- Experience in FPGA, ASIC or digital design
- Good understanding of the Financial community and Financial algorithms
- Regular Business travel required around the world
“Nice to have” skillset/work experience :
- MSEE, MSCS, or MS in Computer Engineering
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of FPGA development toolInside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.