Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Firmware Engineer!
As a Firmware Engineer you will work with a large team of high-talented FW development engineers, validators and integrators inside Intel. You have the unique opportunity to collaborate across the boundaries of FW organization to deliver production quality firmware.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Source code development, review and maintenance (C/C++).
- Unit and system level test and verification (TCL, System C, Modelsim SE)
- System level design and modeling, manages design environment (make, Perl, SVN, Bugzilla).
- System integration using 8, 16, 32 bit microcontrollers.
- Algorithm modeling, benchmarking, implementation, and digital signal processing.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform.
- Experience in low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, and hardware design.
- Experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and Fiber Channel.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 1 plus years of industry experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with industry experience.
- 1 plus years of experience in C low level software development.
- 1 plus years of experience in structured software design.
- 1 plus years of experience and understanding of IA microprocessors and micro-controllers.
- 1 plus years of experience in embedded firmware and RTOS applications.
- 1 plus years of experience in integration, test and debug of embedded firmware systems.
- 1 plus years of experience in Python.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 plus years of experience in C low level software development.
- 3 plus years of experience in Python.
- 3 plus years of experience in integration, test and debug of embedded firmware systems.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....