In this commissioned technical sales position, you'll evangelize Intel technologies to win client, server, and infrastructure architectures in focused energy and enterprise accounts (key end-users, system integrators, and OEMs). You'll offer compelling and cohesive technical solutions based on Intel products and platforms, engaging early in the end-user project or eco-system design cycle and supporting the efforts of the direct or indirect sales team.
What you'll do:
As an Industry Technology Specialist (ITS), you'll be an integral part of the local Business Consumption Team, partnering with Account Executives to drive preference for Intel Architecture (IA) within your defined territory. You'll work with the enterprise AEs and eco system partners to develop strategies and tactics to influence end customers to adopt IA within their IT and Line of Business solutions. You'll also help ensure Intel Architecture success indirectly, through partners (ISVs, SI, MNCs or OEMs). You'll build relationships with key decision makers and become their technology advisor by developing an understanding of their business goals and related technical challenges; and demonstrate how these can be solved through the use of Intel-based products and solutions.
- Lead the technical pre-sales phase by engaging with end customers and OEM technical leaders to drive awareness and early adoption of new Intel technologies, platforms, and products.
- Provide training on the latest IA technologies for the Technical Sales Force of our partners (MNCs, OEMs, ISVs, SIs etc.) in order to scale our technical messaging.
- Create excitement about and demonstrate the value of new technologies through technical conferences and presentations.
- Be involved with collaborative project work for trials or proof of concepts.
- Collaborate with technical academic, government, and partner audiences to address design challenges.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or applications support, preferably with Intel Architecture CPUs, boards and/or systems.
Nice to have:
- Ability to describe complex technology solutions in business terms and demonstrate business value to customers
- Understanding of enterprise solutions, corporate IT, Intel architecture and competitive solutions
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to envision next-generation approaches to business issues, working multiple angles to a solution, including partnerships, providers, and stakeholders
- Ability to articulate Intel's hardware, software, and solutions strategies and roadmap for Cloud, Storage/Memory, Client and IoT.
- Technical competence in Energy IT solutions and communications infrastructure, including knowledge of databases, clustering technologies, operating systems (Linux, Microsoft), application software, tools, compilers, libraries, networking and IA Cloud, Big Data and IoT platforms
Intel's Human Resources group is responsible for hiring, developing and retaining the best and brightest employees while continuing to strengthen the company's culture and values. Intel Human Resources provides first-rate, cost-effective services and support to employees worldwide and is dedicated to advancing Intel's business goals.
US, Texas, Houston
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....