Inside this Business Group
Credit Director, Asia
This is a key position that reports to the Assistant Treasurer and Director of Corporate Credit based in Folsom, CA.
The Corporate Credit organization supports Intel's growth by engaging directly with customers to provide the appropriate amount of credit, as well as making it easy to buy from Intel through customer friendly and efficient processes. It helps generate free cash flow by collecting invoices due to Intel efficiently. The group collaborates with BUs and SMG to execute on these important missions, as well as focus sales on customers that have the financial means to scale Intel technologies into the markets.
Corporate Credit encourages its teams to be curious and learn about our industry and uses external benchmarking and outside-in insights to keep innovating and deploying world class processes. Most importantly, it puts its teams at the heart of the operating model, leveraging the diversity of professional backgrounds and promoting trust across the global organization.
The Asia Credit Director is responsible for managing credit risk & collections in the region and formulating strategies, policies and controls within the Corporate Credit framework. The Director is responsible for the organizational performance and the development of the Asia Credit team (career, business and organizational acumen), ensuring all revenue opportunities are supported while bad debts and cash collections are maintained at optimum levels. The Director is also a key strategic business partner to Sales, SMG Finance & Operations Management and leads several strategic initiatives for Corporate Credit.
The team of approximately 20 finance professionals is spread over several locations - Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Taiwan and Singapore. The customer base supported by this position includes the entire spectrum of Intel OEMs in traditional and new business segments as well as multinational and regional distributors. At this time, the Credit Asia group manages close to $10B of credit lines and expects to collect around $45B of cash in 2018. The function is horizontal and supports all business units.
The role is open to grade 10 and experienced grade 9 employees. We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- Proven strategic influencer, both internally (business partners) and externally (customers)
- Ability to operate independently & with minimum supervision, demonstrate executive presence, and leverage their senior networks
- Comfortable giving clear directions to teams (own and business partners) despite occasional business ambiguity
- Successful experience in working with external customers to implement T&Cs
- Proven people manager, successful in developing and motivating their teams
- Comfortable with 10-15% business travel to meet customers, business partners as well as local teams reporting to the position
- Independent thinker, not afraid to debate and one who will enrich the credit leadership team discussions
- Desired qualifications: MBA or equivalent Finance degree and 10-15 years' experience (international experience a plus). Applicants with previous roles in finance, sales operations, BMG pricing, OTC supply chain and similar will be considered
- Job Location: China (Beijing, Shanghai or Hong-Kong)
- Language Requirements: Mandarin speaker is a must
Automated Driving Group : Zero accidents. Mobility for all. Intel is collaborating with the world's leaders in automotive design and technology to turn visionary concepts for automated driving into reality. The Automated Driving Group (ADG) is architecting transportation for a better life and a safer world. We accelerate innovation and adoption of smart, connected, transformative, market leading automated driving solutions by delivering high performance SOC’s, modules, software and reference designs.
Hong Kong, Hong Kong;PRC, Beijing
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....