Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant academic background
- 5-7 years of documentable experience in at least one core Linux kernel subsystem, or glibc
- Expertise in secure C coding best practices
- Demonstrable expertise in common open-source tools - git/gerrit, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Published academic papers or research in Computer science or Functional safety domains
- Experience and willingness to perform deep functional analysis of existing Linux source code.
- Experience working within large, complex, standards and certification frameworks with a preference towards IEC61508 or ISO26262 functional safety standards.
- Familiarity, if not expertise, and Bayesian statistical analysis