The Physical Design Engineer (PDE) is required to perform a variety of technical and non-repetitive tasks associated with all phases of chip development, up to and including unit- and chip-level design. Responsibilities may be directed at a specific point in the design cycle, or vary as the project progresses through the design stages. In addition to the layout knowledge, the role actively bridges the gaps between engineering and mask design. The PDE is highly productive and proficient in all aspects of layout – this includes Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool utilization (layout editing/verification/Design for Manufacturing (DFM)/quality), productivity macro usage, and solid understanding of all related methodologies and work flow models. As part of continued technology advancement, the PDE will work to continuously drive methodology definition and refinement. The PDE independently assesses & plans complex layout assignments. PDE also contributes to the organization development by way of providing training to new members of the team as well on-going training of new methodologies/macros/BKM's/etc. PDE represents the Layout Design Team in various technical/project forums-decisions made/discussed at project level.
BS or MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field
- 10+ years of hands-on experience track-record of success in pre-silicon and post-silicon physical design and validation to provide basis for management judgment and schedule management.
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills; great team player.
- Works well with senior technical and business experts
- Data-driven decision making and balanced approach to enable technical analysis and solutions.
- Self-starter, self-motivator, great problem solving skills and a passion for continuous improvement systems and improving overall design/group efficiency.
- hands on experience of major physical design tools such as Primetime, Calibre, Spyglass, ICC/ICC2
- strong scripting skills, must be familiar with one or more of the following: tcl/python/perl
- Expertise in integrating different physical design flows;
- solid circuit design fundamentals and techniques. Demonstrate good skills in timing and other physical design convergence
Intel's Human Resources group is responsible for hiring, developing and retaining the best and brightest employees while continuing to strengthen the company's culture and values. Intel Human Resources provides first-rate, cost-effective services and support to employees worldwide and is dedicated to advancing Intel's business goals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....