Inside this Business Group
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent, with minimum of 10+ years of experience in developing & deploying storage solutions.
- System level software experience
- Software development experience in C/C++ and/or other high-level language
- Understanding of Linux architecture (Kernel, userspace, and virtualization), IO subsystem
- Experience with Xeon platforms, network and storage devices (SSD, HDD).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the different datacenter and cloud architectures (e.g. hyperconverged, tiered) and existing storage solutions (e.g. Ceph, vSAN, Nutanix, Azure Stack, etc.).
- Familiarity with cloud storage - Object (S3, Swift), block, file, etc.
- Experience in working with customers to understand and develop solutions to their problems
- Experience with FPGA for algorithm acceleration, and/or other software offloads
- Experience with DPDK, SPDK
- Experience in working with hardware teams to solve storage problems through architectural enhancements to silicon
- Software System Architecture experience
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.