Senior Hardware and RF Engineer
We are seeking a senior and lead HW and RF engineer with extensive experience in RF board design, testing and integration, specifically in millimeter waves, to join as a leader in our innovative team of experienced RF, HW, antenna and architects. The lead engineer will join an exciting environment developing visionary products using novel technologies in the mmW band (such as high speed mmW communication system and ultra high speed data processing).
About the group:
The mmW group is at the heart of mmW communication and other developments, from the PHY interface all the way to the antenna. Within this group the HW and RF is responsible for end-to-end HW and RF aspects of the product from definitions level to post-Si integration and high-volume manufacturing. This includes, definition, design and testing of the HW and RF portion of the product, and is deeply involved in the system architecture RFIC design and integration phases. The group includes highly skilled and experienced system engineers.
The group is located in Petach Tikva.
- This role will span across board development, RF design, integration, test and bring up. The ideal candidate will have significant background in RF and hardware projects with experience in all stages of RF and board development from architectural definition, schematic and layout work, to working with fab and assembly vendors, ultimately delivering a quality RF HW platform. This includes, a strong understanding of RF and power delivery networks, high speed design experience, as well as simulation and implementation of mmWave modules, boards and system.
- Overall responsibility for HW/RF aspects of the subsystems
- Skilled in Si Sign-off tools, Design Rule Checking (DRC), LVS and Layout extraction
- Analysis, research, simulation and tuning mmWave RF boards and their interactions with antenna modules. This includes stackaup definition (together with package an Mechanical engineers), RF simulation and optimization
- Design to mitigate the physical and mass production effects such as thermal, package and board warpage, RF impairments and mass production consideration
- Bring up integration and testing planning and definition
- Close work with System, Package, RFIC and antenna groups (covering aspects such as material layout, simulation)
- Involvement in planning and execution of pre and post-si validation and integration.
Inside this Business Group
- Over 7 years as RF and mixed signal HW design prefferablly in mmWave with proven successful design
- Experience with EM simulation tools (HFSS, CST etc)
- Be considered an expert in at least one area of hardware design, such as architecture, , signal integrity etc, on top of a broad overall knowledge
- Experience with system aspects and design considerations such as size, thermal and cost.
- Experience in bringup, integration and test planning of HW design
- Management abilities as team leader
- Independent and self-motivated, capable of executing in uncertainty environment.
- Leadership and ability to drive forward activities in matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Multiple disciplines - advantage.
- Experience in Wireless communication systems - advantage.
Intel's strategic equity investment group, Intel Capital, manages one of the largest corporate venture programs in the technology segment, with worldwide investments and support. Holding equity stakes in more than 550 companies worldwide, Intel's investments outside of the United States span over more than 20 countries across 5 continents. Intel Capital is responsible for investing in technology companies to increase demand for existing products and services, ultimately expanding new business objectives for Intel.