Construction Program Manager
Corporate Services CS provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
As a key member of the Project Execution Team, the Construction Program Manager in Oregon is responsible for leading an organization of 10 to 12 direct and matrix employees managing capital projects on site in any given year of $200-$500M with a contractor workforce ranging from ~1,000 + contingent workers encompassing outsourced general contractors, A&E Architecture and Engineering firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor and Office Building Construction Industry.
The position reports to the Manager of Construction and in this role, the person will be accountable for all aspects of the leadership and management of the project team which includes people management, supplier management, day to day operations, major project scope, schedule performance and budget monitoring and controls for Intel construction projects without impact to factory operations. This role is expected to make breakthroughs in our construction capability through sourcing and developing contractor companies and making significant changes in integrated construction solutions and major changes in our cost of construction.
Partner successfully with key stakeholders including factory staff, Logic Technology Development, Portland Technology Development, facility owners, global supply management, central design and site construction and suppliers to:
- Manage day to day construction operations to ensure a safety
- Translate business and technical requirements into high quality Designs that enable biddable, affordable and constructible solutions.
- Develop world class supplier partnerships with leading sourcing and procurement solutions and deliver continuous improvements in business results, quality, schedule and cost.
- Lead and successfully manage a wide spectrum of Construction projects to enable Intel businesses including new Fab modules, Fab conversions and special building projects as we transform to a Data Centric company.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions by leveraging industry insights to Intel's multidimensional challenges.
- Ensure sustainability, LEED Certification and other enabling capabilities are adopted to deliver innovative breakthroughs.
- Help transform to an organization that is lean, efficient and collaborative.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service and making CS the best place to work in Intel.
Inside this Business Group
- The qualified candidate will have ~10 years of leadership experience and a proven track record in leading various organizations
- 10 years of design manager, engineering manager, construction manager, or equivalent construction leadership expertise
- Knowledge and expertise in Construction, Facilities, Fab Technology, Quality and Lean are strongly desirable
- The candidate must have the ability to manage discussions with exec management, drilling down to details and managing an effort "hands on" if the need arises
- Ability to manage across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing the solution for Intel
- Solid resume of large scale projects and program management
- A BS/MS engineering degree, architecture, construction management
- The person must have strong leadership and communication skills, the demonstrated ability to drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires and the ability to partner and influence in a highly matrix environment
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....