Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
As a key member of the project execution team, the Construction Project Manager in Oregon is responsible for leading functional area teams of matrix employees managing capital/expense projects on site in any given year of up to $100M. This includes a contractor workforce ranging from 50 to 400 contingent workers encompassing outsourced construction management support, A&E firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor construction industry.
The position reports to the senior construction Program Manager and in this role, the person will be accountable for all aspects of the leadership and management of the project team. Responsibilities include supplier management, day to day operations, major project scope definition, schedule performance and budget monitoring and controls. Thorough planning and execution management is critical to eliminate safety incidents and impacts to factory operations.
Partner and collaborate successfully with key stakeholders including factory staff, Logic/Portland Technology Development, facility owners, global supply management, central design and site construction and suppliers to:
- Manage day to day tool install construction operations using lean principles to ensure a safe and quality work environment without interruptions to factory operations.
- Translate business and technical requirements into high quality project designs that enable affordable and constructible solutions.
- Develop world class supplier partnerships with leading sourcing and procurement solutions and deliver continuous improvements in business results, quality, schedule and cost.
- Lead and successfully manage a wide spectrum of Construction projects to enable Intel businesses including new Fab modules, Fab conversions, Tool Installations and special building projects.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions through leveraging industry insights.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service and making Corporate Services the best place to work in Intel.
- 3+ years of project/construction management, Tool Owner, design management, or equivalent construction leadership expertise; proven track record in leading various teams.
- Knowledge and expertise in Construction, Facilities, Fab Technology, Quality and Lean are strongly desirable
- The candidate must have the ability to manage discussions with executive management, drilling down to details and managing an effort "hands on" if the need arises
- Ability to manage across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing solutions
- Solid resume of medium/large scale projects and program management
- A BS/MS engineering degree, architecture, or construction management. Will consider non-degreed candidates with 5+ years of proven experience executing Tool Installs or construction project management.
- The person must have strong leadership and communication skills, the demonstrated ability to drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires and the ability to partner and influence in a highly matrix environment
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....