Component Design Engineer
Component Design Engineers are responsible for the design and development of electronic components. This role is part of the Centralized Design Acceleration and Operations team CDAO working on the development and support of next generation IC design flows for either Logic/Digital, ASIC, Analog Mixed-Signal or full custom circuits.
As an experienced Design Accelerator in the team, this role develops design flows for multiple engineering customers
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct new EDA tool evaluations, selections
- Create collateral for PDK, FDK or CAD flow development Design chip layout circuit design
- Complete circuit checking, device evaluation and characterization
- Document specifications, prototype construction and checkout, modification and evaluation of semiconductor devices and components,
- Perform developmental and/or test work,
- Review product requirements and logic diagrams
- Plan and organize design projects or phases of design projects.
- Respond to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, OR Computer Science
- Previous experience in IC Design, ASIC or Computer Aided Design CAD (1+ years with a BS Degree or 0+ with a Masters Degree)
- Excellent programming skills: (Examples include Unix, Perl, Python, Skill, Tcl, C/C++ OR other)
- Experience with various Electronic Design Automation EDA software, flows and architecture
- Prior experience with Cadence DFII environment such as Schematic Composer, Virtuoso Layout Editor, Pcells and Skill API
Inside this Business Group
- Practical experience and solid track record with data management software (example: DesignSync, Mercurial, Git/Gatekeeper, etc.)
- Solid track record with Cadence, Synopsys and/or Mentor
- Experience with Mentor Graphics software such as Calibre for DRC/LVS or Star-RCXT for Parasitic Extraction
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....