Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, going beyond a company that makes the world's best chips to one that also delivers wonderful experiences for people. With help from talented employees like you, we will tightly integrate hardware and software to deliver compelling solutions for some of the industry's most exciting and challenging issues.
About this position
- Does the idea of working on cutting edge technologies excite you?
- Are you passionate about crafting secure code and thoroughly testing it so you deliver high-quality solutions?
- Can you contribute your designs and high-quality code to the Open Source community to solve challenging security problems?
- Can you collaborate and share your ideas with the team?
Then come work for the Security Solutions Engineering team, within Intel's #1 software organization, where you'll find a challenging, fun environment, and people that love teamwork. This is an advanced product team that focuses on delivering high quality code to the Open Source community. We invent, design, and implement solutions to leverage Intel's platforms in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
What you will do
- Design, develop debug and test complex distributed software.
- Write high quality, secure, and maintainable code, with corresponding documentation.
- Own and maintain one or more software components.
- Demonstrate that your code is complete by writing test automation for your code and fixing bugs quickly.
- Provide your technical expertise and feedback on the complete product.
This is a great opportunity to work within a highly regarded team and to work across geos to deliver leading edge solutions based on rapidly growing and evolving security technologies.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- You have 5 or more years of experience in Python development, Java, C++.
- You have strong skills in Distributed Systems and databases.
- You have experience in Linux technology and product development.
- You have experience contributing to Open Source projects.
- You have a good understanding of computer networks and system software.
- You are adept at diagnosing and debugging software issues.
- You take pride in your craft and won't compromise on quality.
- You work well in a team environment, and are willing to do whatever the team needs to win.
- You have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have a strong working knowledge of security standards and their applications.
- You have a good working knowledge of AWS or Azure.
- You practice secure coding and unit testing.
- You follow software development best practices to ensure quality.
- You appreciate test automation and continuous integration.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.