Audio HAL & Driver Engineer
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Ideal candidate will be responsible for handling below items and need to have expertise in same domain:
- Expertise in Linux Kernel, Ethernet Audio Driver, ALSA / Tiny ALSA Driver
- Enabling Audio use-cases in Android subsystem: Playback, Capture, VOIP, A2DP, Voice Call, BTHFP etc.
- Need to android OS migration and enable audio use cases.
- New audio HAL development, feature development, Plugin development, Route manager development/enhancement.
- Debugging/triaging Android Audio system Audio Flinger, Audio Track/Record, Audio applications, Media Player components.
- Good to have experience in Audio Use-case integration and validation.
- Proficient in multithreaded programming and middleware solution development on Android environment.
- Good experience in Android internals (Android IVI preferred)
- Good problem-solver and should e able to optimize the existing design with new idea/solutions
- Android build, porting and customization experience
- System level debugging
- Experience of system integration for automotive infotainment systems is preferred
Inside this Business Group
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Relevant Audio HAL/Framework and systems software development experience
- Knowledge of Primary Audio HAL, Audio Routing, Audio Policy, Audio Plugin, Audio Flinger.
- Good knowledge of algorithms, APIs and programming techniques used in 3D games
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux kernel and system calls
- 6 -9 years of experience in Android Audio, C++/Java.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.