As a member of the Chrome OS development team the candidate will work with the latest technologies, and develop innovative features which will exhibit Intel architecture differentiation on the next generation of Chromebooks.
The candidate will help to enable Google Play (ARC++) on Intel ChromeOS devices, and will ensure that all Android apps provide an excellent user experience through optimization, validation, and compatability efforts.
The candidate will be working with the entire Android and Chrome OS stacks, including: Linux kernel, Mesa (3D Graphics Library), Video Acceleration API, and the Chrome browser for feature development.
* Strong understanding of Android OS including Treble, HAL's, HIDL's etc.
* Linux (user space or kernel) driver development experience
* Knowledge of multimedia frameworks
* Deep knowledge of operating systems such as Linux
* Good understanding of open source development methodology and practice.
* Working experience using Git as source control system.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to communicate well in the Open Source ecosystem and with Intel customers
* Prior contributions to open source projects.
* Experience with SW and HW debugging tools, e.g. GDB and JTAG.
* Experience working with the Portage package management and build system.
* Experience working with the Chrome browser code.
* Experience with multi-process architecture, IPC, and multithreading.
* Prior knowledge of open source projects such as Chromium, Blink, WebKit, HTML5 etc
Inside this Business Group
Must possess a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Science with 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience in a related field.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.