Ethernet networking is currently the major force driving innovations in Data Centers. We are shaping the future of the Cloud. That’s Intel Networking division - one of the most recognized and successful organization within Data Center Group. We're professionals delivering “best in class” software drivers for Intel networking silicon. Every year we ship millions of networking interfaces (NICs) for datacenters and enterprise customers around the world.
The position we offer is a great opportunity to bridge the gap between theoretical university knowledge and skill set required to become a professional software engineer. During your internship, you will become part of a team delivering real computer networking products and solutions. Poland ND team focus on low level SW (Linux/FreeBSD/Windows driver and firmware). We offer internships in teams working on RDMA, FPGA and of course Ethernet NICs and switches. You can choose to join either development or validation.
What we offer:
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position which is frequently available at Intel Technology Poland. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
You must be a student of computer science or related technical field and meet the following requirements:
- Passion for software development or validation and focus on results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, innovation.
- Practical programming skills in C/C++ or Python (at least intermediate level). This is required both for validation and development. Our validators are programming at work.
- Understanding of computer networking basics (Ethernet, switching/routing, TCP/IP).
- Knowledge of Linux or Windows operating systems (Linux or Windows driver skills is an advantage).
- Very good communication skills in English.
No professional experience required.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.