In this position, you will be joining the growing IOTG - Markets and Channels Acceleration (MCA) Division. You will be responsible for enabling and supporting the Intel Solution in IOT. You will be enabling Tier1 and OEM with device drivers and software stack components on Linux distributions. Technically, this will require the ability to modify the kernel, debug issues with strong understanding of the hardware, integrate and/or port drivers and applications, and to work within the open source community.
This is an opportunity to apply both technical knowledge and customer enabling skills in a team oriented environment. This team operates in a fluid environment that will enable you to engage in a diverse set of responsibilities in support of a family of SOCs targeted for Connected Transportation. The Candidate's responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Directly engaging customers to provide pre and post sales technical support to ensure customer Time to Market (TTM) production ramp
- Support and influence customer SW developers during all phases of SW development cycle incl. feature definition, project setup, project execution, tech support for go-to-market
- Replicating and debugging customer reported issues by identifying hardware and code level issues and proposing changes to customer configuration or to Intel/OEM drivers
- Providing technical training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to customer HW & SW developers in areas of architecture, technologies, code development
- Working directly with platform and chipset software architects to develop and finalize the platform requirements
- Acting as a liaison between customer's requirements and chipset, platform and/or software architecture teams to ensure `best-in-class' product definitions
- Active participant in virtual technical teams to solving complex problems
- Mentoring and guiding junior engineers, setting expectations and goals
- Developing and delivering training material for technical field training events
You need to have experience in software development. A BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Embedded Systems Design, Software Engineering (or equivalent) with at least 5 years' experience.
Position qualifications include:
- Knowledge and Skills in C and C++ programming, JAVA or embedded C programming
- Knowledge in Linux and/or Android
- Device driver development (non-OS & Linux Kernel mode)
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Familiarity with different levels of testing/test coverage, .etc
- Excellent knowledge of Linux coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Knowledge/understanding of OSI communication layers
- Experience in Various communication protocols like CAN, MODBUS, Ethernet, UART, .etc
- Knowledge/understanding of electrical and electronic Hardware and circuits
- Hands-on experience in use of Electronic test and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, Signal generators, function generators, Logic Analyzers etc.
- Innovative with good analytical, quantitative and data interpretation skills
- Good written communication skills, excellent documentation and presentation skills a mustInside this Business Group
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.