Join SPPD’s operation team as a Q&R Engineer. In this position you will be a member of a small team responsible for test characterization of optical Modules, current and future Silicon Photonics (SiPh) and passive components, and boards, as well as technology qualification and failure analysis (FA). The successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining test infrastructures, executing reliability testing to identify performance degradation mechanisms, generating reliability reports, supporting failure analysis to identify root causes and corrective actions and ensuring that the corrective actions are implemented on the production line.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- High motivation and drive
- Good communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work well individually AND in a team environment across functional and organizational boundaries is required
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills are required.
The successful candidate must possess the minimum qualifications listed below to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and research experiences, both in academic institutes and in industry.
- Must have either a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science, or related technical field
- At least 4 years’ experience with characterization of high speed modules (SoC/optical) or server boards and systems: components and structure, assembly principles, operation, test methods of performance and reliability, and failure analysis
- Experienced in using data analysis tools and scripting (JMP etc)
- At least 2 years’ experience with high speed IC testing (analog characterization) and test automation
- 1+ year experience in bench-top optoelectronic device/module testing
- 1+ year(s) experience with reliability testing of ICs/optical components
- 1+ year experience with semiconductor device physics (lasers, detectors, modulators etc)
- 1+ year(s) experience with testing systems, including hardware and software (Matlab, LabView)Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.