IMPORTANT: Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for a
Wireless Modem Architect with focus on Physical layer position which is frequently available at Intel. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us – and help us create the next generation of wireless technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel invites you to collaborate with global teams to develop and specify the concepts of cellular wireless modem architectures for newest technologies LTE and 5G.
We are looking for a modem architect for the cellular modem system engineering team with focus on Layer 1 /Physical layer. In this position you will lead and contribute to the definition of the architecture of Intel's multimode cellular modem PHY baseband architecture for LTE and 5G. This includes functional modem architecture, signal processing architecture, HW architecture and FW architecture. You will work closely with other system engineering teams and architects, HW, FW and SW design teams.
- Define and document PHY modem requirements and use cases including breakdown into HW and FW components and sub-components for Intel's cellular modem products
- Define and optimize the architecture of the PHY modem system, including HW/FW split.
- Provide architecture and interface specifications
- Develop concepts to improve performance power and silicon area of our products in close cooperation with customers
- Develop test strategies in cooperation with the component and system verification team
- Provide support to the HW and FW development teams in an international environment
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional activities (algorithm/design/implementation/verification)
- Drive and conduct reviews with the development team
- Advise project and program management in planning – planning what?
- Develop and present technical product documentation to customers and for training
- Closely follow the 3GPP standardization process
Master’s degree in Communication Systems, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, PhD is a plus
- At least 3 years proven experience with cellular modem standards
- Proven experience in real-time embedded system design
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience in writing specifications on system and component level
- Experience in requirements engineering and requirements break down
- Experience in software development/engineering with C/C++, Matlab, GIT, Unix, scripting
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial way of workingInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.