Software Architect (Driver)
At Intel, our teams are diverse, competitive, and continually searching for tomorrow's technology.
We are keen to meet brilliant minds - if you are that game changer, looking to explore Intel’s future openings in this field, please apply.
- Responsible for the technical direction of a project. Makes high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- Determines coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements. Performs path finding and surveys technologies.
- Interacts with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements.
- Develop and document software driver concepts.
- Actively participate key customer expert support/Linux driver porting and kernel migration/software concept profiling
Experience/Knowledge in Keywords
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor degree and above in computer science or electrical engineering.
- 8+ years' experience in embedded software development and architecture design.
- Extensive experience in adding new HW platforms and device drivers into Linux kernel.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux kernel internals and device drivers. Proven experience in solving real-time embedded software issues, including: threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling, system level latency and etc.
- Expertise with micro processors (ARM, MIPS, ATOM) , their architectures and software development environments.
- Very familiar with SMP multi-core/multi-CPU/AMP hybrid environments.
- Familiar with x86/x64 Linux kernel , Linux Video Subsystem/Framebuffer or Advanced Linux Sound Architecture is highly preferred.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, able to interface internally and externally with all levels of the organization.
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.