Our team delivers a broad range of Software and real-time OS (including Linux/Android) drivers for Intel's mobile phone and tablet platforms with IA and ARM cores. We are looking for senior embedded software engineers with a good understanding of hardware/software interfaces, mobile communications systems, and profound experience in working on complex technical projects with various stakeholders and contributors in a fast-paced environment.
The embedded software engineer will be responsible for SW design, development, debugging, and testing of issues, and interfacing with customers as needed, on one or more of the following multi-disciplinary domains:
- low level drivers for board support package, boot, security, and core driver
- inter processor communication via Remote Procedure Calls
- IP Multimedia System (IMS) and Voice over LTE (VoLTE) functionality
- wireless interference and noise mitigation algorithms
- applications and tools in areas of platform configuration, debugging, and test automation
- audio driver and audio DSP firmware
As an embedded software engineer, your responsibilities comprise:
- the contribution to SW specification and effort analysis;
- the design, implementation, integration, documentation and testing;
- the optimization of SW for performance and size;
- the analysis and fixing of software defects;
- the effective communication and collaboration with peers and stakeholders.
Prior experience in following and driving Software Architecture topics for complex SW systems is preferred.
Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel is regularly required, as well as flexibility/ability to travel to customer or other development sites as part of job duties.
- Bachelors/Master degree in a programming discipline, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in SW Development
- 4+ years of experience in C or C++ Programming, especially in developing embedded Multi-Core or Multi-Threaded Software
- 4+ years of experience with Real-Time System Designs
- 3+ years of User level Experience with Lauterbach (or similar) Debugging on HW
- 3+ years of experience in using Emulators, Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Test Equipment and other such infrastructure for Embedded Systems
- 3+ years of experience in software methodologies and tools. The candidate should have overall understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Cellular Modem Development experience with GSM, UMTS, LTE technologies
- IMS/VoLTE development experience (3GPP, IETF, IR.92, IR.94) and operators certification support
- Experience in Java and Eclipse, and scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc)
- Familiarity with Remote Procedure Calls implementation and debugging, Android Radio Interface Layer (RIL) or Hardware Adaptation Layer (HAL)
- Experience with Low Level Drivers, Clocks, Voltages and Power Levels in Silicon (Preferably in the area of Wireless Systems), and Embedded Systems HW (IA Cores, Memory, Peripherals, DMA, cache, MMU, etc.)
- Experience in embedded Audio systems, drivers, speech codecs, Jitter Buffer, and assembly language programming on Audio DSPs. Good understanding of typical audio issues in mobile communication systems and skill to analyze and debug them
- Experience in SW development on Intel Architecture processors is a plus
- Pronounced technical leadership skills, ability to share your knowledge and work with others efficiently.
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD and other Lean and Agile Methodologies
- Collaborative, self-organized, take responsibility and have a dedication to deliver results in time and with high qualityInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.
US, California, Santa Clara;