Think Intel is all about hardware? Well, think again. On its own, Intel's software business would be one of the largest and most influential software companies in the world.
So join us to help create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel is currently looking for a passionate Cloud Computing Software Developer willing to join Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) team at Intel Gdansk.
SDI is an emerging technology focused on enabling Intel Architecture in private, and public cloud. As a part of Datacenter Solution Group SDI is driving innovation for the future of intelligent cloud computing.
As a Software Developer in Clouds you will be involved all major stages of software defined infrastructure software development lifecycle, e.g. requirements definition, research, pre&post-release customer support activities.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events (wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position which is frequently available at Intel Technology Poland. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
Required qualifications: <br />
- Minimum of 3+ years of working experience in Object Oriented Software development (preferably: Golang, C++, Python)<br />
- Practical knowledge about multithreaded, multi-core, and distributed software architecture & development <br />
- Recognized industry expertise in distributed systems and software including File Systems, Network, Scheduling, Operating Systems, Virtualization, and HW <br />
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, show initiative, prioritize, deliver and contribute<br />
- Experience in HPC and/or Cloud Resource Managers and schedulers <br />
- Strong English communication skills (both: written & verbal)<br /
Desired qualifications:<br />
- Proven minimum 3+ years of working experience in with distributed large scale systems architecture, development, and operations <br />
- Demonstrated technical leadership by leading teams to create, complete and deliver products to large scale environments and global customers <br />
- Participation in Code Review process <br />
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration practice and related environments<br />
- Advanced experience with variety of HW solutions; CPU, chipset architecture and development, including computer architecture and memory/ controllers <br />
- Experience in Agile and open source SW development process<br />
- Experience with Test Driven Development<br />
Bonus points for:<br />
- Expertise with virtualization technologies (KVM, QEMU, Libvirt, XEN)<br />
- Experience with asynchronous tasking and queuing technologies (Celery, RabbitMQ, Qpid, ZeroMQ, Oslo)<br />
- Experience with machine learning algorithms<br />
- Experience with data analysis & processing engines<br />
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.