Intel’s Artificial Intelligence Product Group is currently looking for AI Hardware Architects and Hardware Modeling Architect Engineers to help drive the next generation of AI hardware. We are seeking HW engineers with a strong background in architecture, micro-architecture, and performance modeling. Understanding of Deep Learning and other AI algorithms would be considered a plus.
As a member of our team, your responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Interfacing up and down the stack with Data science, software, and hardware teams.
- Analyze multiple algorithmic and architecture options to find the optimal design point considering power/performance/area/cost tradeoffs
- Work closely with design and implementation teams to create micro-architecture specifications and ensure that new features/architecture are properly implemented
- Influence program direction with technical proposals, analysis and recommendations.
M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (or a closely related field of study) plus 3 years of experience OR B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (or a closely related field of study) plus 4 years of experience.
At least 3 years of work and/or educational experience in:
- Computer architecture
- C/C++, PERL, and Python
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of deep learning and other AI algorithms
- Research publications, patent filings, or other evidence of personal technical innovation in hardware chip design
- Familiarity with pre-silicon hardware design
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates with the above skill sets and that these exact positions may not be available at this time. By showing interest in this requisition, you will also be considered for other similar Hardware Engineering and Hardware Architect opportunities within this business group.Inside this Business Group
Intel Nervana, leveraging Intel’s world leading position in silicon innovation and proven history in creating the compute standards that power our world, is transforming Artificial Intelligence (AI). Harnessing silicon designed specifically for AI, end-to-end solutions that broadly span from the data center to the edge, and tools that enable customers to quickly deploy and scale up, Intel Nervana is inside AI and leading the next evolution of compute.