Develops software as the primary job function Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
Inside this Business Group
Lead Application Engineer
There has never been a better time to be part of Intel Security (McAfee)! We are working on building our Cloud Services Platform built on our innovative, cutting edge security technologies. In our development center in Bangalore, India, we are looking for an experienced Application Engineer who will join our existing team to lead/operate and develop our Cloud Services Platform.
What you’ll do:
You will be part of a global team that is responsible for the (CSP) services that enable protection for Enterprise Customers. You will be responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of Intel Cloud Services Platform including continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments and will provide technical support for day to day operations.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or similar technical discipline with 5+ years of experience.
• Previous experience with and solid understanding of networking and systems security.
• Deep Knowledge in TCP/IP and Internet routing protocols (especially BGP).
• Strong background and experience with Linux platform.
• Passionate about building things that matter (DevOps role).
• Strong Python or Bash scripting skills
• Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
Nice to have:
• Experience with using tools like Github, Ansible, Puppet and container technologies like Docker
• Understanding of monitoring tools like Nagios, Icinga
• Understanding of high availability / high-performance load distribution services (like Pacemaker, HAProxy, etc.)
What we offer you:
• We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
• As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
• We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, etc
• We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, and many more creative perks that make (McAfee) Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.