This is a commission based technical specialist position within Intel's SMG Sales & Marketing Group, DCG Data Center Group Sales Group organization. With technical expertise, the Media Serving solution specialist is responsible for influencing and enabling end user customers such as Cable & Telecom Service Providers as well as Content Providers, ISVs, OEMs partners to implement broadcast Media Serving solutions by adopting Intel's products and technologies, high density and/or graphics accelerated media serving solutions. The role sits in a global technology sales organization, with regional responsibility in continental North America. Role is part of regional group of Networking TSS, as well as global peers for Media solutions.Daily activities will include but not limited to:Identifying and driving Intel product portfolio opportunities by enabling solutions architecture, integration design, and sharing implementation BKM in the Media creation and delivery solutions.Supporting field design win with Media creation and delivery solutions, responsible for enabling the Intel Architecture friendly solution optimization/customization on top of Intel hardware & software platforms.The successful candidate would work with end customer and ecosystem partner in the pre and post sales phase.Gathering and transforming field internal & external partner's requirements to Data Center Group for Media creation and delivery related architecture and design specifications.Developing strong relationships with customers, engineering & product teams to be trusted advisor to drive solution improvementsConducting deep dive technical training of Media serving solutions around Xeon E3 with integrated graphics for media acceleration solutions and Xeon E5 for high density solutions.
Inside this Business Group
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
• 8+ years of as a technology specialist, solutions architect, or systems integrator in the cable/communications infrastructure field and cloud technologies.
• Deep understanding of solutions for access, edge, and core network infrastructure solutions.
• Deep understanding of media transcode and differences of how media is delivered by Multiple System Operators (MSOs) vs Over-the-Top (OTT) content players.
• Well versed in the latest open source cloud technologies like OCP, Open Stack, Containers, and the relevant gaps/issues they have in supporting networking/packet processing workloads.
• Proficient in NFV and the overall network transformation underway within Cable and Comms industry.
Additional Profile Characteristic Desired:
• Good understanding of Cable networks including DOCSIS, Access Network CCAP, CMTS, Core network. Mobile LTE, 5G, DSL and Fiber network knowledge seen as plus.
• Experience working with video encoding and graphics processors a plus.
• Good understanding of Media technologies such as OTT, 4k, HDR, UHD HEVC Good understanding of Media eco-system including SI vendors, ASICs, FPGAs, ISVs, OEMs.
• Good understanding of key content providers in Americas. Good understanding of Cable Communication Services Providers (CoSP) MSOs in Americas.
• Excellent communication skill to build a rapport and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Smooth verbal and written communication skills in English and relevant local language to placement.
• Highly self-motivated and disciplined, good team player and passion to work within a sales environment.
The Intel Sales Organization works globally to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. Our customers range from the world's largest enterprises and institutions including Fortune 100 companies, Governments to Systems Integrators and Emerging solutions providers. We partner with innovators and makers to enable inventions in Personal Technology, Cloud Services, Internet of Things, Healthcare, Big Data and Wearable's. Our Sales Force works across multiple industries and navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem as we shape product roadmaps, drive value for our customers, and collaborate to harness emerging technology trends with the delivery of comprehensive solutions.