Intel Sports is changing the game for a new generation of athletes and fans – you might’ve seen our work at some of the biggest NFL and NBA venues. We're about performance and innovation as a team - in the lab and on game day. We're a nimble, collaborative start up with the can't-miss backing of one of the world's largest technology companies on our team - Intel Corporation. With that starting lineup we push the limits of what's possible. Our team breaks the boundaries of sports, technology, and human perception. We see the limit and push past it. Will YOU join our team? Will YOU Push Tech to the Limits?
We’re looking for a software engineer to conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers to enhance layout tools and design electronic data processing systems software. Your work is ultimately creating a best-in-class virtual reality experience for sports leagues, such as the NFL and NBA.
· Determine user needs, advising hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
· Design and develop compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
· Respond to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
· Manage all back end software systems and the platform from capture to video delivery to all distribution points.
· Create solutions that will consider unique live-VR constraints, such as stereoscopy, real-time performance, video stitching, and immersive user experience.
· Optimize code to meet real-time demands
Inside this Business Group
Qualifications & Experience:
· BS in Computer Science with 5 years of experience
· C++/C programming skills
· Experience with computer graphics
· Knowledge of data structure and algorithms
· Experience working with both hardware and software
· Experience with sports technologies and media content
· Background implementing design patterns
· Understanding or experience with Virtual Reality concepts
· Windows and Linux Superuser
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.