About the company:
Intel FreeD is a dynamic and creative group with a start-up atmosphere within Intel, developing the future of video technology.
"FreeD" stands for Free Dimensional Video, and is an entirely new concept for capturing, processing and rendering video that allows users to immersive interact with real, live video.
Our content is captured in the largest sport and entertainment venues in the world -Super Bowl, Soccer, NBA, etc. and is used today on television.
The position of a ‘Systems Technical Support Engineer’ consists of being the first line of contact for FreeD’s operators on sites during live events when encountering system operation failures and image quality problems, together with setting up systems on new sites (Software side).
Inside this Business Group
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Graduate B.Sc. in Software / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science (in the fields of Image processing or signals processing).
- Technical understanding and an ability to learn complex system.
- Flexibility to work in shifts / nonstandard hours and fly to onsite support.
- Self-learning abilities.
- Team player.
- Out of the box thinker
- Applicants must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship
- Familiar with image processing fields: Segmentation, camera calibration, stereo vision, color matching, stabilization.
- Familiar with Abode products – Photoshop and After Effects.
- Scripting abilities.
Intel's strategic equity investment group, Intel Capital, manages one of the largest corporate venture programs in the technology segment, with worldwide investments and support. Holding equity stakes in more than 550 companies worldwide, Intel's investments outside of the United States span over more than 20 countries across 5 continents. Intel Capital is responsible for investing in technology companies to increase demand for existing products and services, ultimately expanding new business objectives for Intel.