This role consist of a blend of process and project work. The analyst in this role gain deep understanding of how costing works at Intel and is given valuable opportunities to act as project manager driving to improve both processes and a critical costing system, through the introduction of new functionalities and integration of new businesses, in partnership with IT and the business groups.These projects are highly creative and often self-identified giving analysts significant opportunities to pursue particular interests using their own unique set of skills.On the process side, this analyst is responsible for partnering with ATM, GSM and Division analysts and managers worldwide to enable successful cost and inventory monthly close actuals, as well as Plan and POR cycles forecast. The role is accountable for driving alignment within the Cost Community on key Close or POR dates and deliverables, also providing technical advice during those cycles. This role is also expected to drive or provide insight for continuous improvement of the data transfer process between manufacturing and finance systems and it is the Finance contact in the implementation of new production flows.
Inside this Business Group
Academic & Experience requirements
-BA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, MBA preferred. Other careers like Industrial Engineering would also be considered
- At least 4 years of Finance experience
- Familiarity with Cost Accounting systems and processes is a plus, but not required.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving and action oriented mind set
- Financial analytical capability
- Ability to multitask, deal with constant ambiguity and work under pressure with very tight due dates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment, and flexibility to work outside normal business hours to support different time zones
As members of the Finance team, employees act as full partners in making and supporting business decisions that are aimed at maximizing shareholder value. Intel Finance has a strong focus on facilitating change and improvement both within finance and in the operations supported.