Join a team of researchers at Intel Labs responsible for developing next generation wireless connectivity technologies. The intern is expected to conduct research on a new wireless system and MAC protocol design and evaluate the design through simulations for next generation Wi-Fi technologies. Research background on wireless communications and networking and ns3 or MATLAB simulation experiences are required.
Inside this Business Group
- PhD candidate in EE/CS Required
- Expertise in wireless communications and networking
- Expertise in MAC protocol design e.g. IEEE 802.11, CSMA/CA, TDMA, scheduling, etc. and performance evaluation
- Experienced in the 802.11 standard 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ah/ax
- Experienced in a cross-layer protocol design and optimization PHY/MAC/IP layers
- Experienced in PHY techniques OFDM, OFDMA, MIMO, full-duplex, and interference cancellation
- Experienced in energy efficient protocol design
- Simulation skills ns3/MATLAB
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Problem solving skills in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.