Come and join our Exascale System Architecture Pathfinding team inventing the next-generation scalable computer systems using Intel Processors and Network components for High-Performance Computing HPC applications and be in the forefront of hardware computing innovation! Performance and Energy are equal factors in our work.
Some of the job responsibilities involve:
-Specifying and evaluating the viability of complex hardware features and structures and ensures that software and hardware designs interface correctly
-Designing framework for particular functions
-Defining, documenting, and testing processes for inclusion into technical platforms, subsystem specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
-Analyzing and resolving subsystem and/or SoC design weaknesses
-Influencing the shaping of future products by significantly contributing to the architecture used across design families
-Providing multilayered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
The candidate should possess the below behavioral traits:
- Excellent analytic and communication skills, and be able to prepare data for presentations and written reports, and presenting the data to a group
- Motivated, self-directed and able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have a MS with 2 years of experience, or a PhD with previous internship experience
- Minimum of 3 months experience in datacenter or server CPU architecture and logic design
- At least 3 months experience with modern architectural techniques regarding performance, power reliability of modern microprocessors
- Minimum of 3 months experience with software and hardware interactions, with High level language programming C, C++, OpenCL, scripting Python, Perl, Ruby, and experience in Linux/Windows environments
- Understanding of microprocessor architecture concepts including cache architecture, system-level coherency, shared virtual memory, network-on-chip, and related protocols
- Experience with parallel programming concepts, performance and energy modeling frameworks such as M5, Sniper, Pin, etc. is a plus
- Familiar with parallel and network-based programming libraries such as socket programming, MPI, OpenMP, POSIX threads
- Familiarity with high-level language programming: C, C++, OpenCL
- Experience with script languages Python, Perl, and Ruby.