Inviting experienced software engineers with passion for software quality to lead and influence our software teams in improving engineering practices and overall product quality for Intel software. In this role, you will be responsible for driving specific quality improvement programs across multiple business units and get to work with SW engineering teams and experts across Intel.To accomplish this, you will apply software quality engineering principles, problem solving methods, influencing, and program management skills to plan and execute these SW quality process improvements. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to: evaluating current state of software practices in specific SW engineering organizations to identify improvement opportunities, analyzing product and process metrics, planning and tracking improvement programs to develop specific solutions.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess a Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with ~7-10 years of relevant work experience.
Additional qualifications include:
- Effective influencing skills and organizational skills
- Strong skills in solving problems and using data to drive decisions
- Good working knowledge of industry models like SEI CMM, ISO, Six Sigma
- Experience in working across the full life cycle of software development
- Ability to work with geographically distributed stakeholders
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- Experience in working with teams needing substantial support to mature their software development practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth