Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Senior Network Software Engineer!
As a Senior Network Software Engineer you will be performing network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Additional responsibilities include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
Your duties include designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. You may also be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results. These positions develop software applications for external customers
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with 6+ years of work experience, a Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with 4+ years of work experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with 2+ years of related work experience.
- 6 plus years of experience in embedded network software development in C/C++.
- 4 plus years of experience and thorough understanding of Ethernet protocols and switching technologies TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, STP, L3 routing, L2 bridging etc.
- 4 plus years of experience with Linux programming, both in user space and kernel space.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of Perl and/or Python would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-site team.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills.
- Strong drive to learn and teach others.