Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Mechanical Engineer! The Intel Fabric Hardware development team is seeking a top notch mechanical engineer to join our team.
As a Mechanical Engineer with this team, you will be involved primarily in the design of our electronic products with heavy emphasis on validation and testing phases of product to insure cost effective and manufacturable packaging solution of the next generation Intel Fabric platforms for High Performance Computing HPC. Intel's products are designed for the high performance computing industry and require an extremely reliable and efficient product for the most challenging mechanical and thermal applications. Manufacturability, durability, and efficiency of both physical volume and cooling capacity are of the highest importance. HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering, such as aeronautic and automotive engineering.
In this role you will be involved in design and validation of high end electronic products to ensure all systems are running in accordance with applicable requirements and specifications, and operate within regulations to ensure the production of quality. Typical responsibilities involve design of electronic assemblies and systems, establishing validation standards, developing testing protocols, preparation of equipment, designing and preparing test setups and fixtures, performing and/or supervising test activities, documenting and analyzing test results, generating test reports and maintaining quality records. You would also analyze industry and OEM specific requirements for product mechanical, thermal, environmental and regulatory compliance and generate specifications and test plans. Other responsibilities include working with electrical and other mechanical engineers of a cross functional team in support of development of platform and module products, including definition of mechanical and thermal architecture and detailed product design to meet product/project technical objectives, schedules, and cost targets.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of work experience or a Masters in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 2+ years of work experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in mechanical design, analysis and validation.
- 3 plus years of experience with electronic packaging design.
- 3 plus years of experience with ProEngineer/Creo or equivalent 3D modeling software.
- Applicants must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with mechanical design, structural analysis, empirical methods, and acoustics.
- Experience in testing larger rack based servers/equipment in Mechanical and Climatic environments.
- Experience with heat sink fabrication, fans, liquid cooling.
- Experience in sheetmetal and plastic design, including knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience in design methodology for regulatory considerations such as safety, EMI.
- Experience leading a team or project in a highly dynamic and high paced design environment.
- Experience using thermal test equipment: airflow measurement, thermal scanner, temperature analyzer or data logger.
- Demonstrated effective leadership in a cross-functional development team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.