In this position, you will be part of the Consumer Platform Enabling team in Software Solutions Group SSG enabling the software industry for the next generation performance features in Intel Core and Graphics products.
Under the guidance of experienced engineers, the intern would be responsible for:
- Assisting in performing various software optimizations with software vendors to test and assess performance of optimized kernels for integration into application release.
- Converting/developing various CPU-based workloads into GPU-based workloads, and the profiling & optimization of these GPU implementations.
- Assessing Microsoft's operating system and development tools as well as developing proof of concept applications
Inside this Business Group
• At the BS level only, must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
• Candidates should be working towards a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• Relevant coursework should include classes in software engineering, computer graphics, computer architecture etc.
• You must have at least 3.0 GPA.
• 2 years of coursework/experience with C and/or C++
• Good written and verbal communication skills - Ability to adapt to changing requirements and new technology
• Good knowledge of GPUs and OpenCL would be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with x86 architecture & experience with software performance optimization would be an added advantage
• Knowledge of Intel software development tools and performance libraries would be an added advantage
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.