Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Hardware Engineer! The Intel Fabric Hardware development team is seeking a Hardware Engineer to work at the Intel Pennsylvania design center.
As a Hardware Engineer with this team, you will be involved in all aspects of electronic design, from conception through end-of-life, of the next generation Intel Fabric platforms for High Performance Computing HPC. HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering such as aeronautic and automotive engineering.
In this role you will conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research in the following areas:
- Design, development, test and utilization of hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, packaging, and cabinetry for system equipment.
- Preparation of system specifications, evaluation of vendors, and analysis of test reports.
- Ensure products conform to standards and specifications.
- Development of plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk. Development of procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems.
- Initiation, guidance, and coordination of overall design and development of new ideas and products.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with software engineering, mechanical engineering, and marketing to develop system level architectures and board level design requirements, schedules, and cost targets.
- Develop system/board architectures to implement the products.
- Evaluate and select components to support the design goals.
- Develop the necessary engineering documentation to support the designs.
- Develop the design files schematic entry, source code, etc. to implement the designs.
- Support the layout of the designs.
- Support software engineering to integrate the software.
- Support the system test department on product qualification.
- Support compliance and regulatory testing Work with the mechanical, software, system test, and manufacturing departments to assist in moving the product into production.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 3+ years of work experience, Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 2+ years of work experience.
- 2 plus years of experience with Platform/test card specification, design, debug and bring up in lab.
- 2 plus years of experience in digital board design, basic signal integrity, board layout tools, and schematic capture tools ORCAD, Cadence, Mentor Graphics.
- Applicants must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Cadence* Concept* schematic and Allegro* Computer Aided Design CAD tools.
- Experience with board power distribution.
- Experience with FPGAs and programmable logic devices PLD.
- Experience with programming skills in tools such as: C, Visual Basic, Perl, Tcl, RTL, etc.
- Experience with Signal integrity simulation tools.
- Experience with Power integrity tools.
- Familiarity with timing analysis and functional simulation.
- Completion of several board and system development projects would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated strength with lab equipment including, but not limited to: DMM, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills.