Your primary focus will be to define, enhance and support the software test automation code, tools and testing strategy for the Data Exchange Layer DXL product with the goal of creating a robust, reliable and repeatable process that finds issues early and enables continuous product delivery. You should have a passion for developing high quality test automation code and quality processes.
You will collaborate with team members and other groups on test automation, test processes, tools and strategies, building lasting test designs and being a partner in the design of product components.
As an accomplished test automation engineer with experience in Cloud, Continuous Deployment and large scale networks, you are excited for the opportunity to work in a collaborative Scrum team environment that encourages you to perform your best, and challenges you to engineer solutions for complex business challenges. You will design and develop automated and manual tests for DXL, a near real-time messaging fabric that is used by Intel Security, partners and the security industry to share real-time security context between different security products on millions of systems, tablets and smart phones.
In this role you will participate in the DXL automated product testing strategy and work with the DXL development team with the goal of producing high quality, ready to ship products as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Make good things happen by ensuring the quality of every DXL release.
- Develop and enhance automated tests and improve/maintain the automation frameworks for functional, performance and scale testing.
- Define the test automation tools and strategy used for functional, performance, scale and unit testing.
- Work closely with other test automation engineers to create/improve tests, the testing process and increase product feature and code coverage.
- Work with the engineering team to review product code changes, develop feature test plans and test suites, peer review automation code, and participate in the execution of manual and automated test procedures in accordance to the test plan.
- Leverage experience to influence and improve the overall quality of the product.
- Collaborate with team to define project scope and estimate testing effort in order to deliver projects on schedule.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews and process improvements.
Inside this Business Group
- 3+ years' experience designing and implementing automation for white box testing including the use of tools for functional, performance and scale testing
- Strong Python programming experience highly desired
- Strong programming experience with Java, C++ or other language is required
- Must have strong quality assurance technical skills and experience including: knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac OSX web applications, databases, networking, test planning, test cases, feature testing, performance testing and bug tracking.
- Experience with continuous integration and at least one test automation framework highly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.