As the Software architect, in our Infrastructure team, you are responsible for the technical direction of projects. You will be in charge of overseeing the design decisions, and would be able to set the vision for where the tools will go. You will be able to take in information about how the users use the system, what they want to achieve, and synthesize that into a coherent product that solves more problems than it creates. You are also is required to lead the initiative and ensure it meets the short and long term goals. In addition you will be responsible for the following:
- Make high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- Determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Perform path finding and surveys technologies.
- Interacts with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
- Design and develop internal testing tools
- Listen to user feedback and observe user behavior to gather system requirements.
- Read and understand code with minimal guidance
- Provide support to other team members and users for the same.
- Provide guidance to team members about best development practices and implementation details.
- Provide feedback through code reviews
- Flush out any missing user documentation and ensure it is clear to the users.
- Provide training as necessary to new teams and for new features.
- Support- Identify ways in which the system is not working for users, either help the development team understand how the system needs to change, or help the users use the system more effectively.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive automated testing experience
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and tight timelines.-
- Strong communication skills: Ability to interact with and help users of various skill levels
- Ability to write user documentation
- Experience deploying and maintaining web servers .This includes knowledge of apache, nginx, celery, rabbit mq, zero mq, linux and Windows
- Experience with Git and SVN, or willingness to learn
- Experience with vSphere
- Good instincts for usability
- Experience with various developer tools
- Team Player - This roles requires to work in team setting.
- Person has to be very transparent and be a mentor to the team. Provide the bridge between the users and development.
Inside this Business Group
The consumer team is seeking a new member with 8 to 10 years of experience as a Senior Developer or a Software Architect.
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.