The High Performance Data Division at Intel builds a world class parallel data storage technologies for High Performance Computing and Cloud applications. Our software runs on the largest and fastest computers in the world. This team is researching new techniques in object and key-value stores with the goal of delivering data storage solutions for Exascale & data center scale systems. We are solving challenging problems with new, unreleased hardware technology from Intel that will revolutionize all scales of computing. The High Performance Data Division HPDD within the Software Services Group SSG is looking to add a Distributed Systems / HPC Software Engineering intern to their team.
As an intern you will apply your software engineering skills to build high performance IO middleware, management interfaces, instrumentation, monitoring tools, data processing frameworks and distributed systems that handle high volume and high bandwidth transactions.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 12 months experience with:
• Software development in one or more of the following: parallel computing & applications, distributed systems, parallel IO, IO middleware, data processing frameworks, data parallelism techniques and languages.
• Debugging skills in C or C++ and one or more of HDF, NetCDF, MPI, MDHIM.
• Linux Open Source engineering methodologies.
- Experience with HPC file storage technologies or HPC data architectures.
- Experience with Intel processors and hardware.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.