As a Senior/MTS Applications Engineer, you will work with customers, Intel PSG and Distribution field personnel, specialist colleagues, and corporate applications to enable design wins and bring issues to closure as efficiently as possible. You will be responsible for supporting all phases of the design process through web-based customer support and on-site customer support. You should also understand software/hardware trade-offs and be involved as required from concept through system level implementation. You will provide technical training to Intel PSG field, distributors and customers. Your typical day-to-day interaction will be with the PSG direct, Distribution FAE teams and customers.
Inside this Business Group
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Protocol knowledge and experience with debugging HSSI such as 10G/40G/100G Base-KR, PCIe Gen2/Gen3, Interlaken, JESD204B, SDI etc.
• Experience with VHDL, Verilog and FPGA verification tools. Hands-on experience with high density FPGA design or ASIC design
• Experience with signal integrity analysis and hardware/board debug
• Good communication, organizational, problem-solving skills, and an ability to drive issues to closure are essential
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.