Our team is part of Intel's Software and Services Group SSG that connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel processor technologies.
The HPC software development team is looking for world class, dedicated, team-focused developers and HPC application specialists to contribute to a wide array of projects focusing on parallel computing. Your day-to-day responsibilities might include:
Ideal candidates must be self-starters and able to work productively in situations with evolving requirements and be able to work with a variety of hardware and software specialists. You will be working in our High Performance Computing HPC software development team. This cross-disciplinary team is participating in leading-edge research and development for the next generation software for supercomputers and technical computing. The goal is enable enhanced performance and scalability for HPC applications and best usage of the latest innovative Intel technologies and platform capabilities.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavior skills:
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- At the bachelor level candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with:
- Parallel programming, runtimes at large scale, and HPC application performance optimization.
- System software library, OS, runtime.
- Strong C/C++ with strong debugging skills.
-Knowledge of network transports, programming models for distributed memory such as MPI, PGAS.
-Experience with other parallel programming paradigms such as OpenMP, Cilk Plus, or Threading Building Blocks.
- Experience with cpu architecture, Intel*64, hardware counters, high performance network/fabric and I/O software stacks and interconnect layers.
- Familiarity with compilers gcc, LLVM, Intel and the load/link process.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, and scripting languages e.g. bash, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.